Friday, February 27, 2015

Comfort Zone...


The MAGIC
happens when
you step outside your comfort zone...
We have started going to a new gym this week. I really enjoy it, but like always it takes me some time to feel completely comfortable. I love cardio...I can walk, jog, stair climb and use the elliptical forever... I'm in my own little world until my workout is done. I like that! BUT I didn't love weight/strength training so much before. And the reason why might surprise some, but I think it's quite possible I'm not alone in feeling the way I did. I wasn't afraid I was going to get big, manly muscles...haha! I know women's bodies don't work like that. It was just very intimidating to me on "that side" of the gym. I would always feel like everyone was watching me...watching me not know what to do with the different machines and the fact that I didn't exactly know what to do over there. BUT, I know that using the weight side of the gym is important because I am not trying to just lose weight... I want to be FIT and toned. THANKFULLY I had my husband (who I am so grateful was able to go with me the last couple days)  show me how to use that side of the gym with confidence. I will be on my own from now on, but I am feeling good about it now that I have made myself explore that scary side of the gym. Haha! My feelings have completely changed and I am thoroughly enjoying it all, not just my cardio. So if you're intimidated by strength training or don't like cardio or maybe it's even joining a gym in the first place or maybe it's joining a class (I'll be working on this one for myself too. Yikes! stay tuned...) Let's break out of our comfort zones...go there, do it and let's change our bodies! I'm so excited to start seeing results. I know I am only 2 days in at this point, but I am really excited about it... so excited that it's actually making this FUN to do! We're in this journey TOGETHER everyday in every way! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment